General Event Questions
- What time does the event start and end?
- Doors open at 6:30pm. The 40-minute program will begin at 7:15pm. After the program, guests can wander through the museum. Doors close at 10pm.
- Where is the Burke Museum?
- The Burke is on the Northwest corner of University of Washington campus at the corner of 45th Avenue NE and 15th Avenue NE. Address is:
- How do I get there?
- The museum is accessible by light rail, bus, bike, and car. You can park your car at suburban light rail stations like Northgate or Columbia City and take the light rail to the University District station. It’s a 2-3 block walk from there.
- There is limited parking at the museum for $6/hour (the flat rate after 4pm). You may also be able to find pay-by-the-hour parking in the University of Washington N1 lot directly adjacent to the museum or in the University’s Central Plaza Garage. Alternatively, you may also find street parking along 15th. There are 5 designated accessible parking spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis in the N1 lot. There is a vehicle drop-off on the south side of the N1 parking lot in front of the museum’s main entrance.
- We encourage carpooling and public transportation!
- Is there a dress code?
- We like to say this is a “Green Tie Event” or Garden formal. While there is no dress code, most attendees wear dressy (or fun) cocktail party attire. Consider this an opportunity to be festive and celebrate Spring in your favorite patterns and colors!
- What food will be served?
- Off the Rez is catering and will serve hearty hors d’oeuvres including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Will there be alcohol?
- There will be a hosted bar also provided by Off the Rez.
- What time will doors open and how do I get my nametag?
- Doors open at 6:30pm. The check-in table will be at the entrance to the museum. You will be able to pick up your nametag and register your credit card at that time.
- Is this a fundraising event?
- Yes, Bloom is Washington Conservation Action Education Fund’s annual fundraiser. We appreciate donations at all levels. There will be an opportunity to support our work via a QR code giving option, a text-to-give option or a remittance form.
- Is there a raffle?
- Yes! Raffle tickets are $25 each. We will be raffling off a unique experience (more details to come!) and multiple packs of goodies from Patagonia.
- What are the accessibility accommodations?
In accordance with our values, we strive to accommodate everyone and wish to provide an inclusive experience. The museum is wheelchair accessible with elevators providing the opportunity to move throughout the building. Chairs with backs will be available during the program section of the evening. There will also be stools at the cocktail tables. Please direct all accessibility questions or requests to Halleli Zacher firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your donation ensures a sustainable future.