Register to Vote
Voter registration is a critical way to support Washington’s environment. We know that when more people vote, our environment and communities win. 20% of Washingtonians who are eligible to vote are not registered, especially among communities of color, young people, and people historically disenfranchised from the voting system.
2023 Election dates and deadlines to know:
- July 14 : Start of 18-day August Primary Election voting period. Ballots are mailed out and Accessible Voting Units (AVUs) are available at voting centers
- July 24: Last day to register, update, or change voter information online for the August Primary Election. Mail registrations must be received by this date.
- August 1: Last day to register to vote in person for Primary by 8PM
- August 1: Primary Election day: Last day to deposit ballot in a dropbox by 8PM
- September 19: National Voter Registration Day
- October 20: November General Election 18-day voting period begins
- October 30: Last day to register, update, or change voter information online for the November General Election. Mail registrations must be received by this date.
- November 7: Last day to register to vote in person by 8PM
- November 7: General Election day: Last day to deposit ballot in a dropbox by 8PM