Frequently Asked Questions:
- I’m not seeing my registration confirmation email or access link.
- Check your email’s Spam/Junk folder. If you are still not finding your confirmation or access information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will the webinars be recorded?
- Yes. The recorded sessions will be made available to registered attendees after the event. We may make presentations or portions of presentations available to the wider public at a later date as well.
- What does the ticket revenue go toward?
- Your ticket revenue helps us cover basic operating costs, including the webinar platform, staff time, and compensating our conference speakers. If you would like to attend the webinar series but the cost is not within your means, please email email@example.com
- Do I need to download any software to participate?
- No, you may enter the webinar directly by clicking the zoom link in the email and selecting Join from Web Browser. You may also access the webinar via the Zoom desktop or mobile app. We recommend a strong internet connection for best experience.
- Will I be on video?
- No, all attendees will have their videos and microphones off. Only our presenters will be visible and able to speak during the session. Attendees will be able to ask questions and communicate via the webinar’s chat function.
- How do I add the sessions to my calendar?
- For each webinar session, click the “Add to Calendar” button under the Webinar Details. This should prompt you to download a meeting scheduler to your calendar with the webinar information and access link. See the example image here.
- Repeat this for each session to add them all to your calendar.
- Can I register for only one session?
- We only have one registration price, and it grants you access to all of the conference sessions. We’re not able to accommodate single-session pricing. If you are unable to make the time of a live webinar, you will have access to a recording of it after the event.
Code of Conduct:
Washington Conservation Action wants all of our events to embody a safe and accepting environment for all attendees. We are committed to a safe, enjoyable and inclusive experience for every guest.
- Harassment of any kind, including stalking, deliberate intimidation, unwelcome physical attention, physical assault, and verbal harassment, will not be tolerated.
- Harassment is grounds for removal from event, and prohibition from future events and activities affiliated with our organization.
- If you find yourself the target of harassment, or experience problematic behavior, please report this information to our staff and we will address the situation.
- We also ask that witnesses to inappropriate behavior take action – bystander engagement has proven to be one of the strongest deterrents as part of efforts to combat harassment.
Due to the format of this virtual event, attendee interactions will be limited to the “Chat” function during our live webinars.
If you experience problematic behavior or are made uncomfortable by the language, actions or behaviors of attendees, volunteers or staff people please bring this behavior to the attention of the following staff:
Bryan Pelach, firstname.lastname@example.org