Season’s Greetings from Washington Environmental Council! Thanks to our wonderful legislators, energetic volunteers and activists, generous donors, hard-working partners, and YOU — 2021 was an amazing year, even if it was all virtual. Your support made these wins — and so much more — possible. Thank you!
Wishing you Peace, Health, Love and Joy this Holiday season.
~The WEC Team
- We’re proud to collaborate with communities of color and Native Nations, ensuring policymakers prioritize their voices and needs.
- We held 33 events with 522 attendees and 123 volunteers, made 62,000 texts or phone calls to take action, and held 4,300 conversations gathering 491 actions. We also trained 335 Environmental Priorities Coalition volunteer lobbyists.
- After more than a decade of work, we passed the Climate Commitment Act: the nation’s strongest economy-wide cap and invest program that puts a price on carbon emissions.
- Along with our partners, we went to the Washington State Supreme Court to defend our public lands for ALL the people of Washington.
- Whatcom County and City of Tacoma banned new fossil fuel terminals and expansion, placing rigorous limits and review for existing facility projects.
- We focused on Salish Sea: along with shoreline armoring, Washington’s Orca protection got stronger with a new commercial whale-watch licensing program.